Hi Ming,

I really enjoyed your blog post this week! I thought it was really interesting how you discussed the negative side of advocacy within social media. My first thought has always been that social media provides a platform that reaches a variety of people quickly, but you made me think about how there can be negatives to this. Propaganda and false information can be spread, resulting in misinformation and bias. I think the political aspect you brought in is very interesting and very true, so thank you for mentioning that point! 

I also really liked the connection you made to Moore about constant change. In the role of a teacher, you constantly have to adapt and change, learning throughout your entire career. This can be translated to your PLN, as technology and teaching ideologies are constantly evolving as well. Individuals must reflect on their PLNs and how they can make them better. Thank you for a very informative post!

Hi Nina, 

I completely agree with your two take-aways from the interview with Shelley Moore. I think the idea that everyone is a teacher can also apply to students, as if you view your students as people to learn from, there is more mutual respect in the classroom. I like that you discussed the different uses of social media, continuing on with the theme of VR maps from last week. I also mainly use Tik Tok for social media, but I think it could be a very valuable resource for educators. I have seen some great ideas on there that I have saved and hope to use in my future classroom! I think it is super cool that you had the opportunity to engage with so many diverse people through the National Pride Conference. I agree that putting yourself out there even if it is uncomfortable is a great decision and can lead to numerous opportunities. If you are interested in a resource about teaching about gender and sexualitity, SOGI has great lesson plan ideas! I will link it here:

https://www.sogieducation.org

Great job this week!